Sunday, February 3, 2013

Janine Hegy - Stone Mason


Janine Hegy is a Stone Mason and Jeweler. Janine's unique work takes the form of garden benches, stone sculpture and jewelery. Her unique style would add a splash of energy to any landscape or garden. Janine describes herself and her work in a few sentences:
Sand Blasted Rose
"Vim & Vigor. I looked up these words and think they apply to me. Lively or energetic spirit, enthusiasm, vitality. physical or mental strength and energy or force. Combine vim and vigor and one has a great deal of momentum. When I look over my body of work in the last year it is astounding. It's such a fantastic feeling to work my crafts in this community - I hope that my work reflects those feelings.

"Three of the most splendid projects I have ever worked on,  patios, fire pits and waterfalls are all built by my hand in real stone. I love creating jewelry that is lovely to wear and then it's fun to see people in town with it on. 'Hey I recognize that pair of earrings!' So, put all this together and then add dabbling in some old projects such as an oil painting (that has taken many years to complete), and wallah! Quite the creative concoction and you can come and see it all at my studio and garden during the Studio Tour."

No comments:

Post a Comment